Gulf County, Florida is the perfect spot to plan your next Romantic Weekend. Come for a long weekend and get a taste of what Gulf County has to offer. You'll want to plan for a week next year. Planning a trip can be easy and affordable and you won't have to miss out on any of the fun or relaxation.
Let Concierge Adrianne help you get on your way. Below she has put together an itinerary of what she would suggest when planning your next Romantic Weekend the beach.
- Mid Afternoon: Upon your arrival make the stop at Duren’s Piggly Wiggly to stock up on your vacation snacks. Next door you will find BlueWater Outriggers. Take a peek in there and grab a new pair of flip flops or a new beach cover-up. Don't forget the sunscreen. Looking for a few beach cocktails? The Haughty Heron has a great selection to quench your thirst.
- Late Afternoon: Check-in at your cozy Port Cottage in Port St Joe, Florida. Call Scallop Cove and rent a couple of kayaks for your adventure on St Joseph Bay tomorrow. Let them know that you would like to utilize the kayaks at St Joseph Peninsula State Park.
- Evening: Walk a few steps to Historic Reid Avenue where you have an abundance of shops and restaurants. Take in all the scenery and stop in at Estate Jewelry & Loan where something sparkly might catch your eye and would be a perfect gift to start the romantic weekend off right. Across the street, you can enjoy a nice low-key dinner at Joe Mama’s Wood Fire Pizza. They have a great selection of craft beers and the red sangria is a secret recipe that I have been trying to get from the owner for years with no luck.
- After Dinner: Looking for something sweet? Turn the corner and you will find a tasty treat at Shoobie’s Ice Cream. All of the locally owned gelato creations have been named after the area. Be sure to let us know which one is your favorite.
Shoobie's Ice Cream Truck
- Morning: Get up early and wake up your taste buds with a hearty breakfast at Sand Dollar Café. It is within walking distance of your cottage.
- Late Morning: Head out to Cape San Blas to board your kayaks for a day on the water. Don’t forget to stop off at Scallop Cove to pick up a few snacks for lunch. They have hot and cold sandwiches that are easy to pack.
- Lunch: Enjoy lunch on the beach! Gliding across St Joseph Bay on your kayak allows easy accessibility to many areas. Take the kayak to the tip of St Joseph Peninsula State Park and enjoy lunch on the beach where you may be able to catch a dolphin show.
- Afternoon: After lunch head to the head of the bay where you can take in the beautiful scenery. Don't forget to pack the binoculars cause Gulf County is filled with many birds from pelicans, herons and you might get lucky to spot a few bald eagles even.
- Dinner: Kayaking all day might have you wanting to relax for the evening. What better way to unwind is a bonfire and dinner on the beach. Call Coastline Vacation Rentals and have their concierge set-up a bonfire on the beach for you. You can stop in at the Trading Post and pick up Hunt’s Brother’s Pizza and a growler from Scallop Cove to wash it down with. Just sit back and relax under the Gulf County star-filled sky.
- Morning: Check the event schedule for Gulf County. You might be able to catch the Farmer’s Market or a festival that is happening. Pack a bag for your new beach adventure today.
- Late Morning: Head to St Joe Beach and stop in at Shipwreck Raw Bar for brunch. The eggs benedict are my go to but you can’t go wrong with anything they offer. Walk off that brunch by taking a stroll on the beach. Just head across the street! St Joe Beach is great for shelling.
- Lunch: On the way back to your cottage, stop in at Dagwood’s and grab a sandwich to go. The original Dagwood sandwich is filled with juicy meats and cheeses. Every order comes with chips and homemade dip. They have a lot of vegetarian options as well.
- Afternoon: Pack your beach bag along with a cooler for lunch and head out for some fun. Stop by Salinas Bayside Park to have lunch with a view of St Joseph Bay. You can choose to dine in one of the pavilions available or walk out on the dock and dangle your feet over the side. After lunch, head towards Cape San Blas to Cape Palms Park where you can enjoy the beach and do a little fishing. Stop by Scallop Cove on your way and they can get you set up to fish under $50 and yes, that includes the fishing license as well. Enjoy your day!
- Dinner: Can’t leave without getting some yummy seafood for dinner. Once you get back to your cottage after your beach day, you can leisurely stroll across the street to Indian Pass Raw Bar Uptown. Get an array of items for both of you to eat like a dozen fresh oysters either raw or baked and don’t forget the peel and eat shrimp. The addition of Old Bay Seasoning gives it just the perfect kick. And the best part is the self serve drink area. From craft beers on draft to getting something cold out of the refrigerated area, there is something cold to wash down your dinner.
- Evening: End your romantic weekend with a sunset horseback ride on the beach. Contact Broke-a-toe Horseback Riding to schedule your ride. They can customize an evening just for the two of you.
- Morning: Call Port Cottages and book your next vacation.
- Late Morning: Head home and start planning your next romantic weekend! There is so much more to do and see in Gulf County, FL.
Follow us on Pinterest and save our Pins about Gulf County. We have an entire board dedicated to our Travel Tribe Itineraries.
Be sure to hashtag all of your fun adventures. #InGulf