Gulf County, Florida, is the perfect spot to plan your next Romantic Weekend. Come for a long weekend and get a taste of what Gulf County has to offer. You'll want to plan for a week next year. Planning a trip can be easy and affordable, and you won't have to miss out on any of the fun or relaxation.
Let Concierge Adrianne help you get on your way. Below she has put together an itinerary of what she would suggest when planning your next Romantic Weekend at the beach.
- Mid Afternoon: Upon your arrival, make the stop at Duren's Piggly Wiggly to stock up on your vacation snacks. Next door, you will find BlueWater Outriggers. Take a peek in there and grab a new pair of flip flops or a new beach cover-up. Don't forget the sunscreen.
- Late Afternoon: Check-in at your cozy Port Cottage in Port St Joe, Florida.
- Evening: Walk a few steps to Historic Reid Avenue, where you have many shops and restaurants. Across the street, you can enjoy a nice low-key dinner at Joe Mama's Wood Fired Kitchen.
- After Dinner: Looking for something sweet? Head down Reid Avenue to the Sugar Shack PSJ. They have ice cream by the scoop, specialty milkshakes, and more!
- Morning: Get up early and wake up your taste buds with a hearty breakfast at Sand Dollar Café. It is within walking distance of your cottage.
- Late Morning: Head out to Cape San Blas to board your kayaks at Happy Ours Kayak & Bike outpost for a day on the water.
- Afternoon: Get back to your cottage to rest. Before heading out for dinner, enjoy another stroll down Reid Avenue or towards Frank Pate Park to see what fish are from the day's catches.
- Dinner: Kayaking all day might have you wanting to relax for the evening. What better way to unwind is a bonfire and dinner on the beach. You can stop in at the Trading Post and pick up Hunt's Brother's Pizza and a growler from Scallop Cove to wash it down. Just sit back and relax under the Gulf County star-filled sky.
- Morning: Check the event schedule for Gulf County. You might be able to catch the Farmer’s Market or a festival that is happening. Pack a bag for your new beach adventure today.
- Late Morning: Head to St Joe Beach and stop in at Shipwreck Raw Bar for brunch. The eggs benedict are my go-to but you can’t go wrong with anything they offer. Walk off that brunch by taking a stroll on the beach. Just head across the street! St Joe Beach is great for shelling.
- Afternoon: Pack your beach bag along with a cooler for lunch and head out for some fun. Stop by Salinas Bayside Park to have lunch with a view of St Joseph Bay. You can choose to dine in one of the pavilions available or walk out on the dock and dangle your feet over the side.
- Dinner: Can’t leave without getting some yummy seafood for dinner. Once you get back to your cottage after your beach day, you can leisurely stroll across the street to Uptown Raw Bar. Get an array of items for both of you to eat like a dozen fresh oysters either raw or baked and don’t forget the peel and eat shrimp. And the best part is the self-serve drink area. From craft beers on draft to getting something cold out of the refrigerated area, there is something cold to wash down your dinner.
- Evening: End your romantic weekend with a sunset horseback ride on the beach. Contact Broke-a-toe Horseback Riding to schedule your ride. They can customize an evening just for the two of you.
- Morning: Call Port Cottages and book your next vacation.
- Late Morning: Head home and start planning your next romantic weekend! There is so much more to do and see in Gulf County, FL.
Be sure to hashtag all of your fun adventures. #GulfCountyFL