Gulf County Song Contest
The Gulf County Tourist Development Council is hosting a first-of-its-kind Song Contest to promote Gulf County Tourism. The song will be based on criteria to ensure it follows Gulf County Brand Standards. The contest is free. We are looking for a song to connect our locals and visitors. Something that everyone who loves Gulf County can rally around. An anthem for how we live and interact with our waters, community, and nature.
Music has a long history of connecting people. For generations, musicians have played on our rustic stages in Gulf County, Florida. Sharing their voices and talent with locals and visitors. You get a feeling in your soul when you listen to an original song while watching the sun sink down over St. Joseph Bay. That feeling connects you to what it means to love Gulf County. In Gulf County, we stand for what is real. Genuine. Here everything flows with the current. Gulf County is unexpected, unpretentious, and comfortable. We are designed by nature. Here, we are also connected to nature. Their symphony plays throughout our lives every day. The call of a seagull, the crash of the waves, or the buzz of a busy bee are all a part of the orchestra that makes Gulf County special.
- The contest opens on August 1st
- It is open to any songwriter, band, musician, etc. in any genre.
- The song should be upbeat, fun, and energetic with a mid to fast tempo.
- Please submit a fully recorded song, and your lyrics.
What do you win?
- The song chosen will be featured in Gulf County's Spring 2023 Tourism Marketing Campaign.
- The winner or winners will have an opportunity to perform the song at Blast on the Bay Songwriters Festival in October 2022.
- The Gulf County TDC will produce a full length Music Video and :30 Spot for Media Buys
If you have any further questions, please send us an email to this address.