There have been some impacts from the red tide organism, Karenia brevis, in Gulf County. The Florida Department of Health in Gulf County is notifying the public of red tide blooms near: George Core Park (located at the end of Jetty Park Drive), Crescent Palms Drive (near Salinas Park Bayside), and Pig Island (St. Joseph Bay).
The previous health alerts for red tide blooms at the following locations remain in place.
· Salina’s Park (Gulf side)
· Stump Hole
· Cape Palms Park, public access beach
· Dunes Drive, public access beach
· St. Joseph Peninsula State Park (Gulf side)
· Eagle Harbor Boat Ramp (Bayside of St. Joseph Peninsula State Park)
These alerts will remain in effect until further notice. Surrounding counties are experiencing similar advisories, so please be aware of beach water conditions near you. However, we would love to help you plan your Gulf County vacation. Live Chat with us for help planning and use the link to learn more about Red Tide in Florida.