Top 5 Adventures for Animal Lover’s In Gulf County, FL
What two things are great separately but even better when you put them together? A beach vacation and animals! Gulf County, FL is the perfect spot for a white sandy beach vacation but you will find that it is full of adventures that include animals of all types. You will find that the five listed below are just the beginning. If you are looking for more fun animal adventures or need assistance planning your next vacation, contact one of our Concierges.
- Enjoy a Turtle Walk. Enjoy a walk along one of our beaches with SJP Turtle Patrol. You will learn why it is important to keep our beaches clean, flat and dark plus depending on the season you may luck up and see hatchlings make their way to the water. Contact the Florida Coastal Conservancy today to schedule your walk. Check out our Turtle Trail. It is a great family activity to do while on vacation in Gulf County, Florida and it is FREE. Learn more about our turtles here.
- Horseback Riding on the Beach. Whether it’s riding off into the sunset or a private excursion for family photos, a horseback ride on Cape San Blas is a great way to make memories. All trips are at a comfortable walking pace and last about an hour. No riding experience is needed! Check this off your bucket list while on vacation!
- Tour St. Vincent Island. The island is home to numerous shorebirds, nesting ospreys, and bald eagles, as well as, an abundance of alligators, Sambar Deer and the native white-tailed deer. The island is also a haven for endangered species such as the Loggerhead Sea Turtles, Indigo Snakes, Gopher Tortoise and a pair of Red Wolves. Plus it has some of the best shelling! You can access the island with your own vessel or you can take a shuttle to and from the island (for a small fee), but you must call and reserve your spot.
- Birdwatching on the Dead Lakes. If you want a change of scenery head north to the Dead Lakes where you will likely spot an eagle, or a wood stork plus many other birds plus you may even spot an alligator. Don’t worry if you do not have your own vessel as we have a number of businesses that rent them daily or even weekly. Don’t forget your binoculars!
- Swim with Wildlife! St. Joseph Bay has one of the richest and most abundant concentrations of wildlife in Florida. Grab a mask and snorkel to get started on your adventure. The possibilities are endless to what you will see beneath the service. Check out our Underwater Guide on Page 20 in our 2020 Visitor Guide!
Updated: Apr 27, 2020 10:15
Published: Apr 27, 2020 10:15