From views atop a lighthouse to the white sandy beaches, Gulf County, FL has a vast amount of spots to snap the perfect Instagram photo but we have compiled our Top 10 Instagrammable Spots for you.
- Beach Selfie – Put your toes in the sand! Whether you choose Cape San Blas, Indian Pass or St.Joe Beach for your photo, your friends will be envious of the sandy white beach.
- Historic Landmark – Take in the view of St. Joseph Bay and Port St. Joe as you climb 131 steps to the top of the Cape San Blas Lighthouse . If you prefer not so much cardio, then stop at Constitution Convention State Park and snap a picture with the St. Joe Lumber & Export Co. steam locomotive #11.
- Turtle Trail – Our turtles love to smile! Download the Turtle Trail map and go take a selfie with all 9 to win a prize. All the details can be found at VisitGulf.com/TurtleTrail
- One of Gulf County’s Parks – We consider ourselves one big playground so take a break from the beach and hit one of our parks. One of our favorites is to take in a vibrant sunset from Salinas Park Bayside. Check out all of our parks at VisitGulf.com/Parks
- Strike a Pose – If you are looking for a unique beach picture then visit the stump hole on Cape San Blas. It is located in the curve just where the rocks begin. It is one of the most beautiful beaches and great fishing spot.
- Visit A Local State Park – T.H. Stone Memorial St. Joseph Peninsula State Park is a must see while visiting this area. The Bay side of the park allows you to wade out into the grassy beds to seek treasures underwater. Be sure to grab a dry bag for your phone because you never know what you may see. The Gulf side of the park is home to sandy white beaches and crystal clear water. Have your phone ready as you never know what wildlife you may see in the park.
- Fun Photo Ops – Ever have your picture made in a pirate ship or a chair large enough for a giant? We have both in Gulf County. A local restaurant in St. Joe Beach is home to a pirate ship and there are not one, but two, giant chairs on Cape San Blas. Take a stroll down Reid Avenue in Port St. Joe and look around for the murals on buildings plus the Port Theatre marque is a hot spot for pictures.
- Iconic Restaurants & Local Flavor – You can never take too many food pictures. From oysters to steaming shrimp or even a burger larger than your mouth, post those photos to show the mouth-watering flavor that the local restaurants offer in Gulf County.
- Meet Some Locals – Stop in at an outfitter store and grab a waterproof case for your phone because the moment you step into St. Joseph Bay, the photos are unlimited. From life under the water to life above you, you are sure to capture amazing photos.
- Dead Lakes – Take a day to head to North Gulf County, home to the Dead Lakes. Nature photographers join other outdoor lovers to capture a glimpse of this hauntingly beautiful body of water with the unique name from theAmerican Indian expression meaning “water eyes”. The view of the graveyard of bottom heavy cypress skeletons, stumps and knees will be a picturesque moment you will see nowhere else. Be sure to look around you as you will see the White Tupelo Gum tree that bloom and produce pure Tupelo Honey. Wewahitchaka is home to many apiaries that harvest this sweet honey. Take a tour and snap a picture of the bee boxes and grab a sample of this sweet honey.
The photo opportunities are endless in Gulf County, FL so be sure to keep shooting after you check off these ten spots. Share your photos with us by using the hashtag #InGulf and tag us @GulfCountyFl.
Updated: Oct 29, 2019 8:41
Published: Oct 22, 2019 13:32