Gulf County, Florida is the perfect spot to plan your next Outdoor Beach Vacation. Planning a trip can be easy and affordable and you won’t have to miss out on any of the fun or relaxation.
Let Concierge Crystal help you get on your way. Below she has put together an itinerary of what she would suggest when planning your next Camping Vacation.
Crystal suggests checking out our website at VisitGulf.com to locate the perfect campground that will suit all of your needs from amenities to views. For this trip, Crystal wanted to stay at the new Water’s Edge Campground located at Indian Pass.
- Afternoon: Arrive before check-in time? Stop by the Gulf County Welcome Center to pick up a Visitor Guide and talk to with one of Concierges to find out about all the adventures available. If you are looking for groceries for the weekend, stop in at Duren’s Piggly Wiggly and shop around. Don’t worry about forgetting something because Indian Pass General Store is located on the same property as Water’s Edge. To start your trip off, plan your adventure for tomorrow ahead of time. Crystal and her daughter plan on launching their own kayaks tomorrow but if you would rather rent them, Daly’s Dock & Dive has them for you.
- Evening: Enjoy dinner around the firepit tonight located at the campground. Roast some hotdogs and have smores for dessert. A perfect night to sit back and relax under the Gulf County sky.
- Morning: Enjoy a sunrise over Indian Pass Lagoon while sipping coffee from the General Store. Pack a lunch and don’t forget plenty of water, sunscreen and some bug spray for a morning paddle across to St. Vincent Island Wildlife Refuge. If you want to visit the island but do not want to kayak, contact Captain Joey at St. Vincent Shuttles.
- Late Morning: Load up the kayaks and head to Indian Pass Boat Ramp. This water access point will allow you direct access to St Vincent Island. Once you arrive on the island, hit the trail over to the Gulfside for miles of pristine beach. Make sure to bring something to place your shells into as you will have a large amount. Be sure to stop off at the restroom at the boat launch as the island does not have one on-site.
- Afternoon: Paddle around sound water of St. Vincent Island and check out all the wildlife around there. You’ll want to look high and low with bald eagles frequently flying and bottle nose dolphins playing and jumping, so keep your camera ready. If you don’t have one already, Daly’s has cellphone drybags for your adventure.
- Evening: Time to hit the town for a little more sightseeing. Head to Port St Joe for dinner and a lighthouse climb. Be sure to check the open time for the Cape San Blas Lighthouse so you can plan to go before or after dinner. Have dinner on the patio tonight at Krazyfish Grill. The menu consists of something for everyone. They serve up delicious shrimp and grits to juicy hamburgers. Be sure to get the gouda grits as a side. For dessert, you can choose from their cake display or take a stroll down Reid Avenue for ice cream at Shoobies. Whichever you choose, you can’t go wrong.
- Morning: Set off exploring early by heading to Weber’s Donuts on Cape San Blas located at the Cape Trading Post. Get there early!
- Late Morning: Shelling is different on every beach in Gulf County so enjoy the morning breeze by taking a walk on Cape San Blas. You can park at Cape Palms Park where there is a boardwalk to the beach and restroom facilities.
- Afternoon: After shelling, grab lunch at Sand Bucket for a picnic in St. Joseph Peninsula State Park. You can enjoy the crystal waters of St. Joseph Bay or the Gulf of Mexico. Just park and walk to either side. Explore the entire park for the afternoon.
- Evening: Looking for a cool adventure? Plan a horseback ride on the beach with Broke-a-toe. You can enjoy a sunset ride or let them customize a package for you. For dinner tonight, check out our website for list of restaurants that will be sure to have something for everyone.
- Morning: Wake up early and book your next Gulf County vacation!,
Updated: Jun 12, 2019 13:17
Published: Jun 12, 2019 12:21