Thought you knew everything about Gulf County? Check out some of our fun facts. Do you know what the best bait for catfish is? How many tides do we have daily? If you want to learn more give us a holler. We would be happy to tell you more.
Did you know?
- The first Florida state constitution was drafted here!
- GCFL is 1 of 5 counties in the US that has 2 time zones!
- There are only 3 stoplights in the entire county!
- 1 of a handful of places in FL where you can ride horses on the beach
- St. Joseph Peninsula is home to 40% of Northwest Florida’s nesting sea turtles
- You’re never farther than 15 minutes from the water
- GCFL boasts 43 miles of coastline (244 miles of shoreline)
- Gulf County produces the majority of the country’s Tupelo Honey
- The county is home to 20+ parks
- St. Joseph Bay is the only bay in the eastern Gulf of Mexico not influenced by a freshwater source