If you’re looking for something beyond a vacation home, hotel, or bed and breakfast, Gulf County is just the right place. From St. Joseph Peninsula State Park with miles of white sugar sand and natural beauty to Indian Pass Campground overlooking St. Vincent’s Island and Indian Pass Lagoon; to bay-front camping at Presnell’s Bayside Marina & RV Resort & Outfitters and tranquil, year-round camping at the Dead Lakes Park Campground in Wewahitchka, there is a place for everyone.
Throughout Gulf County campers will find a variety of full-facility campsites offering tent and RV sites with water and electricity. Cabins on the Bay boast great sunrise and sunset views and several camping sites offer boat ramps and overnight docking.
Amenities such as in-ground pools, kitchenettes, onsite ice and general stores are often included and pets are often welcome, too! Visitors camp year-round in Gulf County, so call ahead to whatever campground suits your needs and reserve your stay today!
What to Bring on a Camping Trip
- Tent, tarp, rain guard and sleeping bag
- Pots, pan, dishes, utensils and waterproof fire-starting equipment
- Utility knife and rope
- Plenty of water (get gallon sizes for cooking and cleaning)
- Energy-rich, easily prepared foods and snacks
- Plenty of clothing for the varying temperature
- Tight-closing cooler to store food items
- Hand sanitizer, soap and towels
- Outdoor gear such as fishing poles and hiking equipment
- First aid kit, bug repellant and sunscreen
- Trash bags (make sure you take them when you leave)
- Look for a “natural bed” of soft, flat soil to set up a tent and avoid the bottom of hills or valleys.
- Set up a tarp below your tent to avoid potential damage or water logging.
- Designate a dry place to store firewood or brush. A small tarp or large cooler works great.
- Bring a cell phone for any emergencies. You can always turn it off until you need it.
- Store food away in a car or hang it in a tree not in a tent. Animals get hungry, too.
- Lock your car doors. Sometimes even in our safe haven items can go missing.
- Kindly keep the campsite clean. Leaving it cleaner than you found it is always appreciated!